We had a great weekend that has unfortunately ended now. Somehow, I wasn't uptight and hardly got upset at my 4 boys. You know, hanging out with Kevin only on weekends is weird sometimes. I'm used to doing or not doing things in my own time and my own way all week long, so on weekends I have to readjust to two people being in charge! But we had a good time, and we painted some stuff. We bought two cans of spray paint and I painted two chairs and Kevin painted a power wheels car. I have to say, if you haven't spray painted anything lately, try it, it's lots of fun! Why two chairs, you ask? The plan was to paint 4 but I ran out of paint. And now I am not even sure I like the new color...
Here is the story behind the chairs. These are dining room chairs, and I got them second hand. We have a cool set that we got for free, the table is cool and round, and the chairs are nice, but very heavy and hard, so the kids never sit on them, because they can't move the stupid things and hurt their legs trying to climb on them. Instead they resort to wandering around the house with food in hand or not eating at all, resulting in damage to the carpeting and my nerves. Anyway, I found these other chairs at this place down the street called St. Vincent DePaul ( I frequent te place) for $3 apiece, and only one of them is slightly broken (I fixed that with a hot glue gun, he he he, I only do useful crafts, you see). They are much lighter and have padded seats, and the kids have been very willing to use them. I am very thrilled. But they are black metal and even I can tell they don't match the light wood color table, so I had to paint them. Weirdly they don't sell "light natural wood color" spray paint at Lowes. The one I got is close but I am not sure it will work. I'll ask Anne Marie in the morning if I catch her before work what she thinks of it. And I am planning on carpet cleaners to come and save the carpet, so all should be well now.
Also, I am posting a picture where you can actually see Kevin.
2 comments:
Why did you paint the power wheels car? I think it's a beautiful color :)
You didn't mention what color you chose to paint the car. Is the color in the picture the color you chose? Because it's a very bold one, I must say. ;) Hee.
Post a Comment