Saturday, June 9, 2007

Ben Tells the Truth

I left the boys alone for a moment while I was washing dishes today and (of course) it didn't take long for Neal to begin crying. I came back into the room and asked Ben what happened. He said, "I'm going to tell the truth." (You see, we've been talking about how he needs to tell the truth. He likes to conveniently leave out his own involvement in Neal's injuries.) He then told me how they were playing a game and putting their hands over their mouths. I asked if Ben had put his hand on Neal's mouth, and Ben began to tell his story that no, Neal had done it himself, and then he thought his hand had become stuck, and that's why he started crying. I asked Ben, "Is that the truth?" and before he thought about it he answered, "No. ... Oh! ... Well, I did it to Neal. And that's the truth, Daddy." So maybe he is learning the difference.

No comments: